Bulgarian League for the Prevention of Osteoporosis
Government approves new osteoporosis guidelines: WOD activities further increased awareness
The Bulgarian League for the Prevention of Osteoporosis has had a successful year 2004:
1. Guidelines on osteoporosis have been issued and approved by the Ministry oh Health with publication pending.
2. A Symposium was organized "A Turning Point in Osteoporosis" on April 30 - May 1 2004 with the participation of Prof. Helmut Minne and Prof. Flor Geola from LA, USA.
3. A Symposium on male health titled "The forgotten male" took place the week of October 6. It focused on male health including male osteoporosis since the year 2004 was announces by IOF a year of male osteoporosis.
We already sent you detailed info on it.
4. A campaign for free BMD measurement for Parliamentary personnel was arranged on the World Osteoporosis Day
5. The annual week for free-of-charge BMD measurement in a hospital was also held between Oct 18 and Oct 23.
6. A joint initiative, the Shining Spot Campaign, was organized with the International Women Club in collaboration with the Bulgarian Women’s Party. The Campaign projected a ribbon of light onto the National Museum of Archaeology in Sofia. The festivities were attended by Members of Parliament and other politicians who support the National Campaign for Osteoporosis Pprevention. The event was led by the famous Bulgarian actress Iskra Radeva and the World Champion in Art Gymnastics Lilly Ingatova, a celebrated ex-gymnast whose ensemble ballet performance will be shown on a big video screen.
Back to Society News